Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lessons from a Scorpion

It's past 1 A.M. and once again I am unable to sleep. Egad.
To pass the time, I went online to browse some informational websites, read other people's blogs, and even went as far as deleting old emails.
Found one article about the Deathstalker Scorpion that piqued my curiousity.
Apparently, the Death stalker scorpion possesses one of the most potent venoms of any scorpion on earth. This scorpion’s sting injects extremely toxic venom (a neurotoxin) that can cause extreme pain, fever, convulsions, paralysis, and often coma or death in humans (by heart or respiratory failure).

Yet someday, we may have to rename it the Lifegiver Scorpion. Research has shown that the venom of the deathstalker contains chlorotoxin which attaches to certain brain cancer cells. While leaving healthy cells alone. If chlorotoxin can be used to carry radioactive atoms along with it to the cancer cells, those cells may be singled out and destroyed. What’s more, chlorotoxin appears to keep cancer cells from shrinking and moving, so the cancer can’t spread.

So when it comes to the Deathstalker, I would venture to say that the adage “what doesn’t kill you may make you stronger” could soon have a whole new meaning.
I wonder though if the chlorotoxin can invade the cancerous emotional cells and heal emotional scars. (Must really be getting late...I'm starting to get silly)

1 comment:

Terry said...

Dear Noel
I don't think that you are talking silly at all.
Your "cancerous emotional cells" can be dealt with by the "lifegiver Comforter", Himself!
Your spirit is sorely hurting dear Noel and I know it is so easy for me to quote a verse when I am not going through the same pain that you are but I couldn't help but think of you as I remembered this verse from God's Word,
John 14:16
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever."
That Comforter will never leave you!

By the sounds of your sad voice, I surmise that you haven't been given the children for the holidays.
That is way too sad my dear little brother

It is fairly early in the morning and as I am writing this note, the sweet strains of your music are streaming out like perfume into the quietness of the night.

"Mary Did You Know" is such a great song.

Look at me!
Usually I have my Southern Gospel music loudly blaring, so much that the house is just rocking!
And yet, here I am sitting here with the gentle and comforting words of your favourite music just pervading my inner most soul!
God bless you Noel, and when I say these words they are not just automatic. I really do mean it...GOD BLESS YOU!..Love from your forever friend Terry

Oh those sweet lines of
"My Redeemer Lives!"
How much better can it get Emmanuel Lewis?!