Friday, July 17, 2009

The human heart

They say that "absence makes the heart grow fonder"... but I sincerely believe that the heart needs presence to nurture and care for it.

These past two weeks have been one of the most memorable times of my life.
I spent every waking moment with my children.
I was there when they woke up.
I was there when they complained, when they argued, and fought.
I was there when they laughed.
I was with them when they cried.
I was there when they called out for me to reassure them, comfort them.

But now they're gone again, back to their usual routine.
It's okay.

I know that when they come back, my heart will jump for joy at the very sight of each of them.

2 comments:

Terry said...

hello noel lewis greatest daddy in the world to his three children!
bernie and i will be almost back home[tomorrow] from our three week vacation...we left on the 17th of july and so i am just reading this warm hearted post of yours.
i think that it is so wonderful that the kids were with you and karen and i am so grateful to the lord that he is blessing your life!
in three days it will be your birthday and i hope you have a happy one. i will try to find a little time to put in my yearly post for you my forever friend but i do have a lot of catching up to do!
love terry

Terry said...

dear noel,
thanks so much for inviting me to your face book.
when the world starts to spin a little slower, i will try and visit you there...
those kids of yours are so cute!
curious servant is on face book too.
i find i have so little time these days but maybe things will slow down a bit, eh?
take care my forever friend and may the lord continue to bless you and sweet karen and your little family...love terry