Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Let's Move on Already!!!

Been seeing all the comments regarding the Casey Anthony trials verdict.
I have to say I'm very disappointed at all the backlash. If this were the Puritan era, this woman would be hung for witchcraft, regardless of her guilt or innocence.
What people fail to realize is that the system found her “Not Guilty”, which means she wasn't found guilty or innocent.
People, however, are quick to point out that by all accounts, she IS guilty.
How could she not be? She is selfish, self-centered, out partying and dancing with her daughter dead somewhere. She's laughing and carrying on when the camera is not on her and solemn only when the camera is running.
But was there any evidence that that conclusively make her the murderer?
During my divorce, my now ex-wife all but accused me of molesting my own daughter. Every vindictive statement she made against me was enough for the court to rule against me. I had to endure visitation under supervision for only a couple hours instead of an entire weekend. I was not allowed time alone with my children without someone watching over us.
I'm glad there was a system in place where I could take a polygraph test and once and for all dismiss the “charges.“
Casey was judged “Not guilty”. It's good enough for me.
To continue regurgitating the condemnation against her is simply callous and judgmental.
Aren't we Christians suppose to forgive? Yet what I see at every turn is everyone is too quick to cast the first stone.
At least one person on earth knows who murdered Caylee. He or she will have to answer for it someday.
...Move on.

1 comment:

Terry said...

last time i was here noel, i couldn't see where to comment..i am glad that you enabled your comments because i like to come here to see if you have posted.
i find that so many people who are in facebook find they are way too busy to blog..alas!..i am guilty of this too but i feel i must start fo blog again...
i remember all the sadness that you went through and i am glad that you are now walking on the mountain noel lewis!
you are so right that once a person is found not guilty by a jury that this should be the end of it no matter what we think about it..
so nice to talk to you again my forever friend...god bless you and your wife and your children...love terry